Large Rotating Benching Operator Featured
- Springdale, Ohio
- Job ID
Large Rotating Benching Operator job at GE Aviation Systems in Springdale OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Description Summary
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of operations in the repair of aircraft engine components. Handle brazing alloying powders and apply various repair alloys.
- Perform a variety of deburring benching and finishing operations with hand tools small power tools and basic machine tools such as air guns EDM machines air grinders belt sanders floor baders surface grinders etc.
- Operate grit blast shot peen vapor blast resistance tack welder hot form furnace and press equipment and tumbling equipment.
- Use standard and special gauges.
- Maintain necessary records. Instruct and train others as required and perform related duties. Use of acid-etch equipment.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as ultrasonic tanks back flushers waterflow machines and drying ovens.
- Use of precision marking equipment including vibropeens and dotpeen markers.
- Perform cleanup of assigned work area. Perform functions such as part marking.
- Calculation and measurement of powder mixes for coating of aircraft engine components.
- Perform basic troubleshooting preventative maintenance and adjustments to assigned machines and equipment. Ability to perform assembly and disassembly operations.
- Assist other classifications as directed.
- Must pass an initial OAP inspection test (includes basic math and measuring instruments) and annual recertification
- Possess basic computer applications and keyboarding as necessary
- Proficient in the use of shop math as necessary including fractions and decimals
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience operating material handling and lifting devices including ability to obtain forklift license as required
- Experience operating EDM machines. (2 points)
- Experience with braze and alloying of aircraft engine components. (2 points)
- Demonstrate ability to use standard precision measuring instruments. (1 point)
- Experience in benching operations of aircraft engine components. (2 points)
- Understanding of how to calculate and weigh accurate powder mixes for coating of aircraft engine components. (2 points)
- Experience operating various hand and power tools (die grinders hand baders etc.) and basic machine tools and equipment. (2 points)
- Ability to learn and operate material handling and lifting devices including ability to obtain forklift license as required. (1 point)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e. U.S. citizens permanent residents and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment professional development challenging careers and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color religion national or ethnic origin sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE Aviation Systems Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.