Composite Operator 2nd Shift Featured
- Cromwell, Connecticut
- Job ID
Composite Operator 2nd Shift job at GKN Aerospace in Cromwell CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Our Composite Operators plan lay-out and perform simple to complex manufacturing operations to fabricate assemble or develop composite parts assemblies and molds for the aerospace industry. Work on self-directed teams with minimal direct supervision follow general instructions specifications and operating procedures to perform manufacturing activities involved in the preparation fabrication and assembly operations of composite parts for both production and developmental programs.
What You Will Do:
- Organize work areas plan tasks with team perform assigned work and meet or exceed the cost quality and schedule needs. Assure product quality.
- Train other employees as needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Capable of providing assistance to process problems documenting issues effectively and following up on open issues.
- Use hand power and machine tools to facilitate preparation cleaning processes of molds equipment parts assemblies or machinery. Equipment used may include hand knife automated power or hand cutters injection mold presses cranes or other lifting devices oven operations or shop equipment such as grinders drills forklift or tow motors etc.
- Follow standard and non-standard operating procedures to cut shape bond lay-up form inject cure trim drill and make simple repairs to composite parts.
- Record all fabrication or machine operating parameters accurately and legibly on parts where required routing sheets resident operation sheets department documentation or terminals to ensure recording completion of work-in-process inventories schedules labor expenditures and/or other documentation where required.
- Use simple inspection devices such as protractors calipers micrometers tapes tension or weight scales gages etc. to ensure the quality of operation processes performed. Will be required to inspect and certify own work to establish standards.
- Maintain a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with all internal safety environmental customer and government regulations
- 1+ years experience in a Manufacturing environment
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Subject to the completion of a vision exam
- Strong attention to detail;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Read comprehend and write written instructions;
- Have knowledge of and be able to perform basic shop mathematics;
- Perform work to a defined plan and be capable of defining plans and organizing work area/tasks and people to meet that plan;
- Specific Vision abilities required; including close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and ability to focus with a specific requirement for corrected vision at 20/25 or better;
- Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facilities and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions;
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity;
- Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.