Commercial Officer Amityville Ny Featured
- Amityville, New York
- Job ID
Commercial Officer Ny job at GKN Aerospace Services in Amityville NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Commercial Officer will provide Commercial expertise and support to specific customer local team. Work to ensure the management and resolution of commercial issues on a day to day basis such as commercial change management support local level bids and proposals. Informs the Program IPTs of contractual obligations and boundaries. First point of escalation for customer purchase order or contractual issues internally and from customer.
- To interface and highlight to the IPT and customers where contractual obligations and limits to obligations are.
- Supports new bidding activity when required including the compilation of a business model and Commercial proposal.
- To manage/maintain the company order book to reflect the customers purchase order requirements.
- To ensure that commercial/contractual correspondence files are maintained.
- To maintain key performance metrics and contribute to internal reporting requirements.
- Supports change negotiations with Customers.
- Ensure that overdue debt is kept to a minimum and customers pay in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Support Project / Program Review structure reports data etc. Review Customer MRP and conclude on demand changes check against contractual conditions and update demand as part of MPS.
- Manage opportunities to improve the business case.
- Adheres to all program management and Commercial standards and policies in accordance with the GKN Aerospace Program Management framework and contribute to process development.
- High School Diploma or GED and 5 plus years of experience in a contracts role or Bachelors degree in business accounting or contracts and 2 plus years of experience in a contracts role.
- Ability to read analyze interpret contracts comparison of contracts to purchase orders and ability to recognize potential problem-areas.
- Demonstrated organizational skills good customer relations skills ability to multi task and a demonstrated team player.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word Outlook PowerPoint Excel)
- Experience in Civil Aerospace highly preferred.
- Project management experience running multi-disciplinary teams under challenging time constraints
- High attention to detail an accuracy and structured way of working.
- Highly self-motivated and self-supportive.
- Experience with aerospace and/or aircraft machined and assembled components
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Ability to compile an Executive presentation and present to a group of people
- Intermediate Excel experience and working knowledge
- Proven experience with Customer Interface and Communication
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.