Supplier Quality Engineer Manchester Ct Featured
- Manchester, Connecticut
- Job ID
Supplier Quality Engineer Ct job at GKN Aerospace Services in Manchester CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for investigating analysing and pursuing corrective and preventive actions for supplier product and system quality problems. Also responsible for conducting supplier audits supporting continuous improvement projects with suppliers and improving GKN on-site receiving and source inspection processes.
- Work diligently with Supply Chain personnel to ensure supplier performance metrics are being monitored and improved via corrective/preventive actions supplier development and CI activities. Assist in rationalizing GKN SCs supply chain via vendor capability/capacity studies Cost of Poor Quality measures lead time performance etc.
- Maintain appropriate supplier flow down matrices and ensure all changes to flow downs are communicated to suppliers and internally via IPT Change Control Boards.
- Update and maintain all relevant Supplier Quality documentation including manuals training presentations procedures forms and surveys.
- Create and maintain risk-based supplier audit schedules and conduct on-site or remote supplier audits according to risk level.
- Develop and deploy an aerospace-tailored Advanced Product Quality Planning process to appropriate vendors in GKN SCs supply chain.
- Prepare incoming product sampling plans skip-lot plans and a supplier delegated inspection program in accordance with required aerospace standards.
- Prepare receiving and/or source inspection reports using statistical process control data or other information.
- Perform internal product and process audits as required.
- Provides technical direction to Quality Technicians as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture which supports the Companys overall business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that involve Safety Quality Delivery Inventory and People.
- Ensure the companys commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the Company Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to both US domestic and international locations.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field or in lieu of degree 7 years work experience in a manufacturing environment preferably aerospace.
- 3 years of experience working with suppliers in a manufacturing environment preferably in aerospace
- Aerospace experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role or Supply Chain role is preferred
- Experience analysing data
- Experience with quality management databases (TipQa)
- Strong computer software skills; experience using MS Excel and/or supply chain database software preferred.
- Prior experience implementing new initiatives
- Prior experience driving superior supplier performance
- Strong ERP experience preferably with Cincom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred experience working in an aerospace and/or defence company. High consideration given for experience in nuclear medical device and/or automotive manufacturing industries.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.