Quality Engineer Tallassee Al Featured
- Tallassee, Alabama
- Job ID
Quality Engineer Al job at GKN Aerospace Services in Tallassee AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Quality Engineer will provide Engineering capability to operational and development Programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects utilizing engineering and problem solving skills. Accountable for delivering robust capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to materials tooling part fabrication and assembly.
- Responsible for the creation maintenance and continuous improvement of Program Quality Plans.
- Performing root cause analysis preventative and corrective action to eliminate non-conformances utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite.
- Delivering product development customer quality requirements management and first article development.
- Performing supplier audits and assessments.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Responsible for the development of technical solutions to complex problems within GKN Aerospace our customers and suppliers.
- Deliver technical support of manufacturing process development and integration for production.
- Utilize root cause analysis preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Maintain positive team relationships with internal and external customers as well as co-workers
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years Quality Engineering experience including Root Cause and Corrective Action and Composites Manufacturing knowledge or University studies/coursework in composite materials.
- 2 years of drafting and/or AutoCAD experience
- Due to export compliance must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000 AS9100 or D1-9000
- Training and/or experience in lean tools and techniques (Practical Problem Solving A3 PFMEA and /or Fishbone diagrams)
- Experience with Lean activities
- Experience in Composites Manufacturing including University studies
- Project / Program Management
- Familiarity with AS9145 APQP process or equivalent
- Strong customer facing and communication skills
- Fluent in English language both written and spoken
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.