Aircraft Maintenance Technician Featured
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Technician job at Gateway Technical College in Kenosha WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position reports to the Director and Chief Instructor Pilot.
- Plan coordinate and schedule all aircraft maintenance procedures to maximize aircraft availability.
- Ensure that all maintenance processes and procedures include risk management mitigation specified in the safety management system.
- Liaising with the Regional Federal Aviation Administration Primary Maintenance Inspectors on maintenance topics.
- Comply with all aspects of aircraft maintenance in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and Industry Standards.
- Inspect and approve for return to service the aircraft or related part or appliance after a repair or alteration to it.
- Perform aircraft servicing ground handling and equipment installation.
- Verify all reported discrepancies and maintain an approved process to correct the problem in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that aircraft maintenance records as required by (State/Fed) regulations manufacturers and company policies are established and maintained.
- Implement and update safety policies and procedures for ground operations with the Flight Department.
- Maintain Flight Simulators in accordance with manufactures recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic Certificate with Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Three years experience general aviation airframe and power plant repair
- Experience maintaining shop equipment
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
1. Employment eligibility for the United States
1. Exposure to hazardous industry standard cleaning and repair materials.
2. Requires lifting (typically less than 100 pounds) working in tight areas general
Mobility to be able to move in and around aircraft and machinery.
3. Must provide own tools.
4. Daily contact with students.
5. Tobacco-free environment.
Gateway will not discriminate against any employee applicant for employment student or applicant for admission on the basis of race color national origin ancestry sex sexual orientation creed religion political affiliation marital status parental status pregnancy disability age membership in any reserve component of the armed forces union affiliation arrest and conviction record or any other protected category under applicable local state or federal law. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process please contact Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights at 262.564.3062 (Wisconsin Relay System: 711) or ...@gtc.edufor assistance. Women veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Gateway Technical College Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.