Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our GA-EMS team in Tupelo MS.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support production projects influences and guides personnel across functional organizations. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Uses extensive expertise in manufacturing machining/fabrication and construction tasks to execute production responsibilities. Effectively organizes and executes work assignments to meet project milestones. Utilizes knowledge of production planning scheduling budgeting and performance measurement (EV) systems to manage the project schedule/budget.
- Identifies issues analyzes and interprets data and develops innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems. As necessary engages functional resources (such as design quality and procurement) to resolve issues.
- Uses analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings. Effectively uses MS Office and Project applications to execute work activities.
- Ensures on-time delivery for raw materials subassemblies and required manufacturing/quality documentation by maintaining frequent contact with vendor base. May function as the production/technical point of contact for critical subcontractors vendors and the customer.
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings. Confers across functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing departments. Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing.
- Uses detailed knowledge and understanding of business development activities to develop statements of work bills of material sole source justifications technical evaluations and procurement data packages.
- Contributes to process and procedure improvements for the department.
- Works independently or in a team environment. Ability to work extended hours and to travel as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Manufacturing Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.