Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Airframe & Powerplant Specialist Non Deployable
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for providing frequent feedback to supervisors and management on technical matters issues and solutions in mechanical and inspection work or assigned tasks. Develops and writes procedures to improve work quality training and records. Develops new job protocols for project work. Assists in training programs and in the development of new programs as required. Frequently interacts with inter-organizational and customer contacts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITIES:
- Enforce and oversee the implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Develop and provide training to A&P specialists and customers.
- Oversee and/or perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspect powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Responsible for in-depth powerplant and system development.
- Repair fuel and/or oil leaks and/or engine problems as required. May remove and replace airframe and/or engine components as needed.
- Review aircraft records to ensure all required maintenance and documentation is completed in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Independently troubleshoot and repair aircraft and/or engines and propulsion components when necessary. Train specialists in troubleshooting.
- May inspect test maintain and operate ground support equipment.
- May perform and/or evaluate all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft including inspections and operational checks installation of payloads weight and center of gravity checks.
- Assist in the development verification and review of procedures and/or technical manuals.
- Effectively utilize company provided aides and software programs to enhance troubleshooting and overall system expertise.
- May act as lead A and P specialist giving direction to less experienced A&P specialists.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and seven or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- Must demonstrate sound decision making skills and the ability to anticipate work related constraints and resolve issues independently.
- Must be self-directed in identifying work assignments and be able to solicit input and guidance from supervisors and managers for technical expertise.
- Must possess: (1) extensive knowledge of the job with a broad understanding of detailed aspects of the job and the product; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers; and (4) excellent leadership organization and planning skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance may be required.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Airframe Powerplant Specialist Non Deployable job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Airframe & Powerplant Specialist Non Deployable position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.