Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Field Avionics Technician
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an opening for a Field Avionics Technician out of Palmdale California. Under general supervision this position is responsible for technical and operational support in the installation application and maintenance of unmanned aerial vehicle electronic equipment to include ground control stations ground data terminals and ground support equipment in accordance with technical specifications engineering instructions and technical orders procedures and regulations. Conducts technical analysis and evaluate product implementation to ensure customer specifications are met. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues and determines solutions to moderately complex problems. May provide guidance and training to internal and external customers regarding equipment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates UAV ground control stations and ground support equipment and all subordinate systems at operation locations.
- Analyzes customer requirements and evaluate product implementation to meet specifications and end user applications. Assesses customers needs for data interface and may recommend actions for coordinative product solutions.
- Provides technical support on the installation configuration application and repair of products and systems to customers at operational locations.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of ground and airborne electronic equipment. Utilizes product knowledge sound judgment and logical reasoning to determine technical solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Repairs or replaces components based on test results intermediate system knowledge technical documents engineering instructions schematics blueprints or written/verbal instructions.
- Performs installation configuration and test of computer hardware software and networked systems. Diagnoses and corrects malfunctions as required.
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance on ground and airborne systems. Maintains required records and forms in accordance with company and customer specifications.
- Validates and verifies accuracy of technical documents and procedures. May recommend changes to technical documents and procedures based on system knowledge and best industry practices.
- Fabricates installs troubleshoots and repairs wire harnesses and assemblies.
- Ensures proper routing and clamping of wire harnesses and assemblies.
- Represents group with internal and external customers and other personnel.
- May conduct training and practical instruction of peers and customers in the use of ground and airborne electronic systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two or more years experience in aviation or electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be able to perform a variety of non-routine tasks and demonstrate considerable knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures and principles.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot at the component level; analyze data and recommend solutions.
- Must possess considerable knowledge and use of electronic test equipment hand and soldering tools voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices;
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints drawings schematics and technical orders.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and assess situations and make judgments.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
Field Avionics Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Field Avionics Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.