Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Avionics Production Test Supervisor
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for managing day to day production and developmental programs. Develops and manages activities for the manufacturing assembly and test areas. Establishes operating policies and procedures and interprets executes and recommends modifications to organizational policies. Coordinates activities of the production process including supervising personnel assigning work and coordinating product flow through the production and final assembly phases. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises test and assembly staff in various locations through all phases of production. Offers mentoring and coaching to manufacturing personnel.
- Provides guidance to best resolve testing failures and issues.
- Participates in the development of over-all objectives and long term goals of the group.
- Must have participated in Lean Manufacturing activities and events
- Leads or participates with teams to improve working environment and product throughput; and most importantly raise the level of awareness for lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Manages and participates in the planning attraction selection retention and development of human resources. Assigns directs and reviews the work of employees.
- Represents the production and assembly group with planning test quality production control and engineering staff. Represents the group with outside vendors and customers regarding projects operations scheduling and contractual requirements.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Maintains records prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used type and sequence of operations required. Ensures and monitors adequate usage and supply of all production materials and tooling.
- Interprets executes and recommends plans policies procedures and schedules.
- Schedules and coordinates work assignments. Ensures accurate time charging.
- Oversees configuration changes in the product and supports field upgrades and operations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work and lead the workplace in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Avionics Production Test Supervisor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Avionics Production Test Supervisor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.