Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Composite Technician 2nd Shift
Spanish Fork, UT
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision with some detailed instructions and intermittent review and working in a loud manufacturing environment with a variety of epoxy agents this position performs repetitive or standard procedures and assists in the fabrication curing build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials where required information is readily available methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works to blueprints templates sample parts process sheets and other authorized information. #LI-KP1
req#13136BR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of molds and forms.
- Mark and cut tape woven material honeycomb adhesive and similar materials following templates guides or specific dimensions and sequences.
- Route drill trim and sand to blueprint dimensions and tolerances. Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure.
- Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
- Fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure build-up free from wrinkles air pockets and voids following directions and instructions.
- Assemble Aircraft components using structural adhesives rivets and threaded fasteners.
- Prepare surface and paint composite and metal components including bodywork contour shaping and sanding. Apply spray application of epoxy paints urethane and water based epoxy coatings using a high volume low-pressure spray gun.
- Assist in the development of shop aids to facilitate fabrication trimming and assembly as required.
- Check expiration dates of materials prior to use prepare proper mixes of resins and catalysts.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Maintain records as required. Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools equipment and materials to storage area.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent and two or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to verbally communicate read and comprehend written and verbal instructions detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents and be capable of doing simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as rollers paper cutters scissors x-acto knives electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales and protractors and calipers.
- May require respirator certification.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Composite Technician 2nd Shift job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Composite Technician 2nd Shift position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.