Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Software Quality Assurance Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position reports to a senior manager and is responsible for the planning managing and technical performance of a Quality Assurance (QA) program. Manages all phases of assigned Software QA programs and/or projects including developing evaluating implementing and monitoring quality management policies principles and standards such as ISO-9000 or similar quality systems to ensure compliance with customer/product standards and governmental regulatory requirements. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate management and/or team leaders. May be responsible for decisions that impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
- Manage Software QA activities including planning implementing and monitoring technical performance to ensure quality and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and implement defined and specific standards methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the precision accuracy and reliability of company products.
- P erform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Align QA program for the unit(s) with the corporate QA internal and external audit program corrective action system Quality Assurance Records Center maintenance of QA manuals and procedures QA policies and procedures measuring and test equipment calibration program and inspection laboratories.
- Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Investigate issues and develop innovative and practical solutions to technical and quality problems ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- May participate in reviewing engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Participate with management to develop and implement current and annual technical schedule quality and financial objectives for the QA program to ensure strategic business objectives are met. May also participate in the development of annual and long-term objectives for the organization.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning attraction selection retention and development of the required management professional and technical talent.
- May act as a QA spokesperson with line management program managers technical staff and outside representatives.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology while maintaining the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- In some business units resolves communicates and tracks non-conformance material rejection and corrective action reports and chairs material review board. May also conduct vendor qualification examinations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Software Quality Assurance Program Plans.
- Oversee proposal and estimating activities on software quality projects. Evaluates and recommends improvements to software quality proposal and estimating activities.
- Requires a Bachelors or Masters in engineering or a related technical field and eleven or more years of progressively complex QA experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and understanding of QA principles concepts theories regulations and practices; knowledge of ISO 9000 CMMI IEEE 12207 or similar systems or standards; and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess (1) the ability to resolve complex technical and management issues; (2) strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; and (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- ASQ CSQE or CQE preferred aerospace experience preferred.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Software Quality Assurance Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Software Quality Assurance Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.