Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Production Assembly Technician II
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position under general supervision is responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex structural composite mechanical and/or electrical operations to ensure appropriate aircraft systems are installed tested and operational. The position performs assigned system modifications due to technical updates and/or customer requests which require disassembly modification reassembly and testing of structural composite mechanical and/or electrical system. The position may also perform required repairs. Following technical documentation monitors test and verifies quality completes required documentation and may be assigned to troubleshoot and resolves issues. Keeps up to date on regulatory requirements and may participate in developing and updating technical procedures to improve integration processes quality and record maintenance. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and tests assigned aircraft structural composite avionics and electrical systems to ensure they are operational and meet required quality standards.
- May complete assigned repairs.
- Completes required documentation after installation and testing.
- Performs various system modifications due to technical updates and/or customer requests including final operational testing and assurance they meet quality standards.
- May troubleshoot system issues including mechanical electrical engine or fuel. May recommend procedural and/or design/production changes.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an Associates degree in a related field or military/trade school equivalence and two or more years of progressive experience in aircraft assembly and/or maintenance. Additional related technical experience may be substituted in lieu of the formal education.
- The position requires full knowledge and understanding of: (1) structural composite mechanical and electrical aircraft systems and associated regulations; and (2) aircraft related assembly/repair/installation processes tools composites templates fixtures testing and measuring devices as well as judgment to determine correct tool(s).
- The position also requires some technical experience: (1) reading interpreting and explaining blueprints drawings and maintenance manuals; (2) installing inspecting modifying adjusting and testing various aircraft assemblies and structures; and (3) completing required technical documentation. Good communication interpersonal and computer skills are required to interface with supervisors staff and/or other departments.
- Customer focused able to work both independently and in a team environment and able to work extended hours when required.
- A Composite trade school certificate Federal Aviation Administration A&P license and military aircraft maintenance and assembly training are desirable.
- US Citizenship required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
Production Assembly Technician II job at General Atomics
Apply for this Production Assembly Technician II position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.