Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sofware Engineering Manager Director
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Software and is responsible through subordinate management for the planning managing and technical performance of the Software Advanced Programs engineering unit. This unit is responsible for the research development and integration of advanced technologies associated with the control and operation of remotely piloted vehicles. The position directs all phases of assigned engineering project(s) from inception through completion. Responsibilities may require the integration of multiple disciplines and departments. Collaborates with Division/Group/Company executive management to develop and implement current annual and long-term technical schedule quality business and financial objectives for the unit. May also participate in and contribute to the development of annual and long-term objectives for the Division/Group/Company. Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management. May be responsible for decisions that have serious impact on overall success of the engineering unit group and/or corporation where erroneous decisions could cause substantial expenditure of time resources and funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish software design concepts criteria and engineering efforts for product research development testing and integration associated with the control and operation of remotely piloted vehicles.
- Participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. Participate with integrated product teams in pursuing business partnerships alliances and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company.
- Direct all phases of engineering project(s) including planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality business and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and implement current annual and long-term technical schedule quality business and financial objectives for the engineering unit(s) and may also participate in the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals business plans proposal work statements and specifications operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning attraction selection retention and development of the required management professional and technical talent.
- Lead progress review sessions to discuss cost schedule and technical performance.
- Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Oversee the development of and ensure the security of the units proprietary technology and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as fifteen or more years of progressively complex engineering experience with at least nine of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Possesses hands on experience with the development and integration of cutting edge software development platforms tools libraries and methodologies
- Ability to research the latest software development technologies and trends and perform trade studies as these relate to advanced projects
- Demonstrates detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles concepts theory and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems and be a technical expert in one or more areas of engineering.
- Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sofware Engineering Manager Director job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sofware Engineering Manager Director position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.