Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
FMS International Contracts Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an International Contracts Manager to work out of our office in Poway CA.
This position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the drafting negotiation and management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review contract review negotiation and administration as well as compliance with US export and other regulations governing international business to provide for contract development negotiation and management in accordance with company policy. Reviews interprets recommends and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and participates in developing policies procedures and standard practices to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Advises business leadership on contractual approach in accordance with financial and programmatic objectives. Represents the organization as the primary contact for assigned commercial international and Foreign Military Sales contracts.
Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate management and/or professional staff. May be responsible for decisions that have an extended and significant impact on outcomes across the company.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the drafting and negotiation of a variety of large strategic international contracts (government/commercial) of all types (cost reimbursement fixed price incentive award fee IDIQ time and material etc.) and modifications thereto.
- Manages proposal preparation contract negotiation contract administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies and customer specifications.
- Identifies contractual issues develop solutions and provide guidance to management on resolving complex issues while ensuring the contract administration process supports the objectives of the assigned program areas.
- Ensures the companys proprietary interests are protected and that company policy is followed for processes such as the review chain for price bids proposals and agreements.
- Manages the review of agreements and evaluates documentation and authorization forms to identify problematic provisions and determine if the minimum requirements are met. May assist in reviewing agreements for consistency with laws government regulations economic conditions and company policies.
- Advises management of contractual rights issues and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Acts as primary contact for contracts activities and issues. May represent the company with customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Influences company performance by providing direction to professional or technical staff on contractual matters.
- Collaborates with management in the development of new business or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Remains current on commercial/government/international laws regulations and practices affecting international contracts including US import and export controls Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FPCA) and anti-boycott compliance.
- May manage the planning attraction selection retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management and professional talent.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in business or a related field and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in the negotiation and management of international contracts with at least seven of those years managing contracts processes and personnel. Equivalent professional contract experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contracting principles and commercial terms and conditions as they relate to international business as well experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles.
- Knowledge of the U.S. federal acquisition process government contracting principles and regulations (including FAR/DFARS) related to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and familiarity with acquisition processes utilized in other countries.
- Knowledge of and experience with US ITAR and Dept. of Commerce export regulations.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems while serving as spokesperson on assigned projects and/or programs.
- Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and have the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
FMS International Contracts Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this FMS International Contracts Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.