Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Mechanical Test Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Mechanical Test Engineer in our Mechanical Engineering Department. Under general supervision and with regular review this position supports the engineering staff in the analysis investigation and resolution of engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and conduct structural and mechanical tests and test programs
- Design test fixtures as needed to characterize materials and hardware designs for aerospace applications
- Select components set-up and operate test instrumentation including strain gages load cells airflow sensors displacement sensors etc
- Assist in assembly and integration of hardware to be tested
- Work with technicians on mechanical testing
- Perform tests of mechanical assemblies to insure compliance with product specifications
- Write test procedures and reports
- Plan conduct and document tests in accordance with aerospace specifications
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience preparing for and conducting structural load tests on aircraft structures components sub-components and/or elements
- Experience with composite material testing at the coupon and element level.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of standard laboratory practices.
- Must have the ability to operate test software and standard Windows Office software.
- Must have experience with PTC CREO and Simulate (or Mechanica).
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be willing to travel with in CONUS.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Mechanical Test Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Mechanical Test Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.