Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
UAV Pilot Deployable Flex Schedule
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UAV Pilot to join our Flight Operations division located in our El Mirage Facility near Palmdale California! This is a flex position and must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company Projects. This position requires you to be available for deployment assignments domestically and internationally at any time and for varying lengths of time. You generally will be deployed for approximately 12 to 16 weeks and then placed on leave for approximately 12 weeks in between deployments.
Under close supervision this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning execution and briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency. Minimum of 300 hours PIC required.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required .
- Ability to travel on CONUS and OCONUS.
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning execution briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and safety.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines plans organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations. May conduct demonstrations and tests of assigned UAV(s).
- May represent the organization with military and commercial customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
- Relocation is provided for some positions.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of UAV and FAA principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification (2) three hundred (300) hours as PIC or 250 hours as PIC with CFI rating ; (3) ability to obtain DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (4) ability to travel on CONUS and OCONUS deployments; (5) Ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate. (6) good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers contractors and aircrew; and (7) basic knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Certified Flight Instructor and Instrument rating (CFII) is highly desired.
- Ability to pass Pre/Post Deployment Medical and Dental Examinations.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
UAV Pilot Deployable Flex Schedule job at General Atomics
Apply for this UAV Pilot Deployable Flex Schedule position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.