Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
System Test & Qualification ST&Q Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced System Test and Qualification (ST&Q) Engineer in the Development Test group supporting Army Engineering and the MQ-1C Gray Eagle program. Under general directions with limited review this position is responsible for applying innovative approaches to resolving unusual or complex engineering problems in the testing of new and emerging technologies.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform System Test and Qualification Engineering activities on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) programs. Under minimal supervision will guide the completion of test and evaluation of both small and large-scale programs and determine and develop approaches to test new capabilities and functionality.
- Duties to include system level Qualification Verification and Validation Testing of hardware and software with emphasis placed on deriving and tracking test requirements generation of system level Test Plans and Procedures conducting SIL/Ground/Flight testing providing accurate and detailed reports of findings and results and participating at internal and customer technical test reviews.
- Will be required to act as test director for ground and flight tests to include providing ground and flight crew direction/leadership during tests ensure the safe and efficient execution of ground and flight tests and represent GA-ASI to multiple customer entities during those tests.
- Emphasis will be placed on system integration and coordinating/conducting ground and flight testing at GA-ASI Flight Test Facilities in the high desert and at other sites around the country.
- Experience with and knowledge of testing of autopilots and stability augmentation systems avionics payloads and/or weapons integration to include SIL ground and flight test is highly preferred.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree or masterA¢a,¬a¢s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education. Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.
- Position requires travel to remote CONUS locations for weeks as required by leadership
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Able to perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with data (signal) dissemination tools and UHF/VHF SINCGARS ARC-231 HAVEQUICK is preferred
- Familiarity with Tactical Data Link and LOS/SATCOM data link
- Experience interfacing directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities is preferred
- System administration of LINUX/UNIX Windows operating systems is preferred
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance is required. Active Secret level clearance is desired.
- 25 A¢a,¬ 50% travel is required
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
System Test Qualification STQ Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this System Test & Qualification ST&Q Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.