Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Quality Engineer Rapid Action Team
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Provides expertise in planning executing and evaluating complicated quality engineering quality control and manufacturing tasks involving varied inputs within programmatic constraints. Responsible for the quality assurance program implementation and success on one or more major project(s). Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting quality standards and government regulations. Consults with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place and applied successfully. Works on highly complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and provides solutions for design or manufacturing issues and/or enhancements.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance and leads approaches to achieving objectives.
- Creates design dimensional or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements unique methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Participates in functional testing and/or inspection of equipment and systems.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Leads resolution to complex and diverse problems by providing guidance and direction to quality engineering and technical staff.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- Acts as company contact with suppliers customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues. Delivers technical presentations.
- Provides project direction and leadership to other staff members.
- In some business units resolves communicates and tracks non-conformance material rejection and corrective action reports and chairs material review board. May also perform internal company audits and conduct vendor qualification examinations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or related discipline and eight or more years of related experience with a bachelors degree or six or more years with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to convey complex technical information clearly to individuals with varying degrees of expertise.
- Must possess the technical skills required to oversee innovative designs and to solve complex technical problems. Must have advanced computer skills with versatile knowledge of computer operations pertinent to the field.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and both written and verbal communication abilities that enable productive interface with inter-organizational staff outside customers and regulatory personnel.
- ASQ certification (CQE CSQE MOQ/OE Six Sigma Blackbelt or Lean) preferred.
- Experience with FAA regulations and orders preferred.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Quality Engineer Rapid Action Team job at General Atomics
Apply for this Quality Engineer Rapid Action Team position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.