Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Staff Software Developer Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
With limited direction this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review research design development and/or modification of enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications. Guides the successful completion of a program(s) and may function in a project leadership role. Formulates plans typically long term for application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and responsible for planning/overseeing documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Communicates with domain experts users and management throughout the software development lifecycle represents the company as the prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects and interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine technical objectives for user requirements and specifications and plan for enterprise software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development encompasses end-user system level and data management applications
- Formulate plans and guides the development and implementation of software solutions including language coding platform resource requirements testing and documentation.
- Plan and coordinate deployment of enterprise applications including cross-platform compliance.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging maintenance and updating to ensure viability in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- May function in a leadership role for a project and/or program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced developers or team of developers.
- Represent the organization as a prime technical contact for the project and/or program with the software developer group customer and management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers. Assist in the development of additional sources of revenue.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in computer science information system or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have an extensive expertise of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate extensive technical expertise and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Staff Software Developer Software Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Staff Software Developer Software Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.