Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Staff NPI Manufacturing Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-level NPI Manufacturing Engineering located in Poway CA. Under general directions with limited review this position is responsible for applying innovative approaches to resolving unusual or complex engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and reviewed largely at completion.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and tool designers to determine and document the manufacturing requirements for new tool designs or modifications to existing tools as required.
- Generate Tool Design Requests (TDRs) for new tools or those requiring modification.
- Work with the Tooling Program Management and New Product Introduction (NPI) groups to determine make/buy decisions.
- Generate Electronic Tool Orders (ETOs) within GAs electronic tool order system.
- Create purchase requisitions for new tooling within GAs electronic purchase requisition system.
- Status progress through the tooling shop purchase requisition/purchase order systems and Tool Proof Inspection (TPI).
- Support tooling personnel and outside suppliers by investigating and responding to design inquiries during the fabrication process.
- Facilitate resolution of tooling related issues when problems are identified during tool and/or part inspection.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Provides direction to technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree four or more years of experience with a masters degree or two or more years with a PhD.
- Must have prior work experience in the aerospace industry.
- Proficient in composite lamination and assembly process techniques especially as it pertains to the use of tooling is desired.
- Strong working knowledge of composite tool designs including master molds lamination molds assembly fixtures mill fixtures and other similar composite processing fixtures.
- Must have working knowledge of common composites materials including prepregs and various bagging materials.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Staff NPI Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Staff NPI Manufacturing Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.