Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Internship Propulsion Systems Engineering Summer 2018
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate student studying in Mechanical Engineering or a related field to intern in our Propulsion Engineering Department. Project assignments will be in support of development purchasing parts testing for integration as well as analyzing data and presentation to Project Management team.
This position is available for undergraduate or graduate students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks; assists in the analysis investigation and solution of non-routine problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of tasks as required.
- Participate in selected engineering design tests and reviews.
- Assist in applying knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve non-routine problems.
- Assist in developing reports records drawings and memos.
- Provide final report summarizing accomplishments during the internship and present to GA-ASI engineering staff management and peers.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately.
- Must possess the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and basic computer skills.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Preferred major in either Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Internship Propulsion Systems Engineering Summer 2018 job at General Atomics
Apply for this Internship Propulsion Systems Engineering Summer 2018 position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.