Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Electrical Engineer Digital Analog Design
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division directly supporting the Digital Systems team here in Rancho Bernardo CA. We are looking for someone who enjoys developing Analog Digital RF hardware that solves critical problems for GA-ASI payload systems. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Hardware/Embedded Systems.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- Will lead a project from concept to design.
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of engineering solution(s) including deployment resource requirements testing documentation integration and compliance and safety.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions including documentation reporting publishing and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Experience in digital/analog design and schematic capture of electrical and electro-optical systems
- Proficiency with modeling and simulating systems (MATLAB SPICE etc.)
- Familiarity with image processing and motion control is desired.
- Experience with embedded programming (C C++ VHDL) a plus
- Ability to guide a design from concept through development into production
- Some travel and extended work schedules may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance. (Requires U.S. Citizenship)
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sr Electrical Engineer Digital Analog Design job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Electrical Engineer Digital Analog Design position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.