Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior Staff Software Developer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
With consultative direction this position exercises considerable latitude in determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to design develop and/or modify enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications to achieve predetermined long- range goals and objectives. Formulates long-range plans for application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. The position is also responsible for documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Serves as spokesperson for project and/or program and acts as advisor to management and customers on the development integration and deployment of software applications within the computing environment. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and act as an advisor for determining technical objectives for user requirements and specifications and plan for enterprise software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development encompasses end-user system level and data management applications
- Formulate detailed long-range plans for the implementation of software solutions including language coding platform resource requirements testing and documentation.
- Plan and coordinate the deployment of enterprise applications including cross-platform compliance while insuring the availability of necessary resources.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging maintenance and updating to ensure viability in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Serve as project and/or program spokesperson; act as an advisor to management and customers on enterprise software matters communicate with the software developer group(s) and publish and present technical papers. Responsible for generating additional sources of revenue and may have program management responsibilities.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in computer science information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree thirteen or more years of experience with a masters degree or ten or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of software development concepts principles and theory and have applied that knowledge in the development of new principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated project and/or program leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more areas of software development.
- Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Customer focused formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior Staff Software Developer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior Staff Software Developer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.