Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior System Test Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior System Test and Qualification Engineer (ST&Q) in our Advanced Programs and Navy Project Engineering group.
This position is supporting flight test engineering activities on General Atomics aircraft. Candidate will work in a fast-paced aviation environment supporting Systems Integration Laboratory ground and flight line operations on a daily basis while interacting with development engineers program management and aviation maintenance professionals. Candidate will support test programs under a Test Lead for major programs with the opportunity to lead programs of smaller scope to complete Test and Evaluation goals.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test Planning
- Be familiar with earned value management system (EVMS) and be able to manage time and engineering support for test activities in accordance with IMS
- Develop a test plan and test procedures in coordination with design engineers project engineers program management and USAF personnel according to a statement of work and with adherence to military and federal test standards
- Be familiar with the following Test and Evaluation processes: Test Plan Working Groups (TPWGs) Technical Review Boards (TRB) aircraft modification process Test Project Safety Review (TPSR) Safety Review Board (SRB)
- Collaborate with technical engineers program management and Customer personnel to resolve issues that may arise during the Test and Evaluation process
- Test Execution
- Conduct testing in a Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) environment ground test with the flight assets and flight test
- Communicate with maintainers on how to prepare the aircraft for a given test
- Operate or coordinate the use of the following test equipment: data recording devices pressure transducers IFF test kits encryption key loaders air data test kits inclinometers signal generators and electrical load simulators
- Support flight testing in a control room environment
- Analyze telemetry data real time during flight test and use engineering judgement to determine whether to continue testing
- Record timelines and critical events during the mission on an approved flight test card
- Test Reporting
- Generate daily quicklook reports for each test event that documents the aircraft configuration date/time/duration of test timeline of test events that were performed personnel involved with the test and any issues involved with the test
- Record any issues from test into a database and attend meetings with design engineers to further discuss the issues observed
- Analyze ground and flight test data and present results in a formal tests report. Should be familiar with data plotting software such as Microsoft Excel or MatLab
- Develop a formal test report in accordance with company and Customer guidelines
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or four or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Engineering degree (AE ME EE CS SE) applicable to the specialty that we are looking for
- AE/ME loads flutter flying qualities propulsion electrical airworthiness avionics navigation
- EE/SE/CS electrical radar systems payloads avionics computers and networks (GCS) datalinks
- Aircraft Knowledge
- Previous experience working on or with aircraft or aircraft systems is desired
- Must have a thorough understanding of aircraft flight theory aircraft subsystems and flight operations
- Previous experience with unmanned aircraft systems is desired
- Test Knowledge
- Experience writing technical test plans and reports is highly desired
- Experience with analysis with an emphasis on data collection ad hoc queries and suitability measures along with tools such as MATLAB STK FOQA or other products is desired
- Prior expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof. Prior civil or military aircrew flight experience desired
- Must have strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong computer and documentation skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required
- Be eligible for Secret DoD security clearance
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior System Test Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior System Test Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.