Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior Contracts Administrator
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a FMS and International Contracts Administrator to work out of our office in Poway CA.
Under general direction this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review contract review negotiation and administration as well as compliance with US export and other regulations governing international business to provide for contract management in accordance with company policy. Reviews interprets recommends and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and participates in developing policies procedures and standard practices to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Advises business leadership on contractual approach in accordance with financial and programmatic objectives. Represents the organization as the primary contact for assigned commercial international and Foreign Military Sales contracts. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively manages a variety of large strategic FMS and international contracts (government/commercial) of all types (cost reimbursement fixed price incentive award fee IDIQ time and material etc.) and modifications thereto.
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Reviews drafts as necessary and participates in the negotiation of various sales teaming license and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advises business leadership of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of complex terms and conditions.
- Participates in cost and pricing processes with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on international contracts including US export and import controls Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and anti-boycott compliance.
- Develops and maintains various electronic and hard copy records and tracks performance metrics.
- Makes presentations as required and acts as a primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Influences company performance by providing direction to professional or technical staff on contractual matters. May participate in the selection development and training of contract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline along with six or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contract principles theories concepts and regulations and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices techniques and standards. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees managers customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to organize schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees; and (6) excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP desirable. Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contracting principles and commercial terms and conditions as they relate to international business as well experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles.
- Knowledge of the U.S. federal acquisition process government contracting principles and regulations (including FAR/DFARS) related to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and familiarity with acquisition processes utilized in other countries.
- Knowledge of and experience with US ITAR and Dept. of Commerce export regulations.
- Requires both domestic and international travel.
- Seeking Foreign Military Sales experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is desired.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior Contracts Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior Contracts Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.