Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Project Engineer Payloads Weapons
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join the Army Programs Payloads/Weapons Engineering team in Poway CA.
Under general supervision with limited review this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems on Army Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) projects. This position coordinates segments of specific projects and may have frequent inter-organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. This position documents findings communicates results to internal and external stakeholders and makes technical presentations as required. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Project Engineering activities for Mission Systems (Payload) Integration on Unmanned Aircraft (UA) programs including Eo/IR Tactical Radars and SIGINT systems.
- May represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small contracts or single system projects.
- Develop program plans estimates and schedules associated with Cost Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities.
- Perform system analysis generate requirements and develop system designs.
- Support the development of test plans and manage the integration verification and validation of Mission Systems through flight test.
- Devises new approaches to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
- Develop Interface Control Documents Software Requirement Specifications Performance Specifications presentations and review test plans/procedures.
- Resolve conflicting design/development requirements difficult coordination requirements and special material requirements.
- Coordinate and interface with customers contractors and engineering groups assigned to projects.
- Development and presentation of technical material.
- Supports operation of engineering systems and documents any problems.
- Provide support for proposals/white papers.
- Represent company at technical reviews meetings and system level integrations.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; two or more years of experience with a bachelors degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Broad aircraft/aviation background is desirable including Pilot License A&P and Aircraft Safety/Risk management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Project Engineer Payloads Weapons job at General Atomics
Apply for this Project Engineer Payloads Weapons position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.