Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Spanish Fork, UT
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Summary Under general directions with limited review this position is responsible for :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and perform work-study and training programs to promote efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Perform work flow analysis engineering and economic studies including collecting and analyzing data report preparation and presentation of results.
- Recommends engineers and implements cost reductions for manufacturing processes.
- Be an active Team Leader on Total Quality Management (TQM) Projects.
- Evaluate and apply the appropriate ergonomic improvements as an integral part of methods development.
- Participate actively in Kaizen Blitz activities.
- Utilizes time studies to understand and improve work balance.
- Analyze opportunities to reduce/eliminate the waste of overproduction waiting conveyance over-processing inventory unnecessary motion defects and unused team member cycle time.
- Educates team members operators on the importance of eliminating the wastes denoted above.
- Drives productivity improvements.
- Analyzes raw material usage and opportunities for improving yields.
- Acts as a change agent for the value stream.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the applicable QMS documents; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports quality problems personal injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Manufacturing Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.