Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Engineering Manufacturing Liaison
Spanish Fork, UT
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision this position supports program engineering and manufacturing by serving as a liaison between the engineering and manufacturing departments. Monitors and analyzes program development progress and expedites critical path components and processes to maintain schedule. Evaluates and resolves engineering related production problems some of which may be complex related to manufacturing design quality and material engineering. Maintains physical control of program assets. Negotiates lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery. This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads discussions with critical subcontractors and vendors to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Analyzes engineering specifications and drawings. Confers across functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Contributes to the design and development process by making periodic visits to various departments such as manufacturing shops quality assurance sales MRB cribs planning purchasing manufacturing engineering and electrical engineering.
- Coordinates engineering priorities for manufacturing issues and ensures schedule parity. Advises management of the status of work in progress and identifies potential production problems.
- Ensures rapid disposition of engineering holds and lift orders.
- Coordinates Manufacturing Service Request activities by resolving priority schedule conflicts among engineering departments due to shop capacity limitations and resolving shop capacity issues with manufacturing and planning.
- Reviews and recommends resolutions for open engineering issues affecting sales orders. Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing. Alerts engineering departments to sales order activity which may affect outstanding work.
- Conducts periodic program engineering/manufacturing planning meetings.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business planning or a related discipline and five or more years of progressive experience in planning coordinating and scheduling production operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have complete knowledge of production and engineering support principles and concepts and a general understanding of practices techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to use independent analysis and judgment in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees managers and external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Engineering Manufacturing Liaison job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Engineering Manufacturing Liaison position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.