Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMSA¢a,¬a¢ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Field Engineer to join our Aftermarket Sales and Service group located in Rancho Bernardo CA.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for providing off-site technical and operational support in the design development installation and maintenance of equipment. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues and determines technical solutions to a wide variety of moderately complex problems or issues. May conduct technical analysis of product modifications and enhancements in accordance with customer specifications and implementations. Provides guidance and training to customers regarding equipment.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing assigned accounts to include installing operating maintaining troubleshooting repairing and performing preventive maintenance on products. Responds to customers on technical and schedule inquiries.
- Configures equipment by loading software and testing the operation making any upgrades or modifications as needed.
- Interfaces with engineering on problem resolution and bug fixes.
- Provides onsite installation and configuration support for customer.
- Trains customers on basic functionality of system including operation maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ensures system is operating within expected parameters.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action. May advise and assist in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Participates in installation planning phase.
- Writes trouble failure and casualty reports test documentation and procedures in accordance with product and customer specifications. Creates and revises manuals and user guides.
- Provides off-site and 24 hour phone support for customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe work environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s or masterA¢a,¬a¢s degree in engineering or related field along with two or more years progressive experience in engineering with a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education. Must demonstrate an understanding of general engineering principles theories concepts and techniques.
- Experience with Database Management SQL Query Language Python Scripting Reports Writing Software and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) are preferred.
- Must be able to organize schedule and coordinate work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates. Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes and resolve technical matters.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems; (2) good analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; (3) good interpersonal skills; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to initiate plan and manage projects; and (6) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel both domestic and foreign as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Field Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Field Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.