Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contracts Administrator to work within our Contracts team located in Rancho Bernardo CA. Under limited direction this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements; determines the applicability of complex government laws and regulations to the companys contracts including international in-country requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of unusually complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Leads negotiating and modifying standard contracts and negotiates and modifies non-standard contracts including international contracts.
- Reviews and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure teaming license and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts including export considerations.
- Maintains analyzes updates and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes internal and external presentations as required and acts as primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
- Provide direction to professional or technical staff on contract matters
- Participates in the selection development and training of contract staff.
- A¢a,¬a¹Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline along with three or more years of progressive professional experience in acquisition.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have a general knowledge of contract principles theories and concepts and a general understanding of practices techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees managers customers and other external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Contract Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this Contract Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.