Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Supply Support Technician Deployable
Indian Springs, NV
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Systems Integration LLC (GA-SI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies reliability improvements and controls system design.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Support Technician to join our Aero Services division located at Creech AFB in Indian Springs NV. This position under limited supervision is responsible for receiving storing and issuing tools machine tool fixtures dies measuring devices support equipment materials and/or supplies in support of local and deployed locations. This position must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company projects.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives stores and issues tools machine tool fixtures dies measuring devices materials and/or supplies. Supports local and deployed locations with tool related issues.
- Assembles new tool kits and upgrades and maintains existing tool kits. Ensures accurate distribution and tracking of items. Identifies and investigates shortages overages and discrepancies. Verifies conformance to specifications and invoices.
- Develops and maintains database of issued damaged worn out or missing equipment. Researches and orders new or replacement tools.
- Updates replaces and maintains technical orders and data.
- Processes requests for parts/supplies maintains logs and databases and monitors status and back log. Maintains shop supply inventory. Orders and stores required supplies.
- Coordinates periodic inventory ensuring item availability.
- Maintains accurate database of government owned property.
- Prepares hard copy or electronic monthly or periodic reports of activity or issues.
- Maintains ground support equipment. Cleans oils and performs non-routine repair on moderately complex equipment to maintain modify or upgrade equipment.
- Calibrates measuring devices as required. Troubleshoots non-routine issues and recommends possible solutions.
- May be responsible for storing transporting and disposing of hazardous material (HAZMAT).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and five or more years progressive experience issuing maintaining and monitoring supplies tools fixtures dies and related devices.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) basic familiarity with office and inventory/stock control software; (2)considerable knowledge of material handling equipment and hand machine and measuring tools; (3) mechanical skills to maintain company and government owned tools fixtures dies and devices; (4) skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit; (5) interpersonal skills and written communication skills to interface with employees and outside representatives and to accurately document and report; and (6) basic mathematical skills. Works in an ever changing environment requiring long periods of standing walking bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May operate heavy equipment (forklifts cranes lifts and company vehicle) to aid in the installation and removal equipment requiring a clean and valid driverA¢a,¬a¢s license.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
Supply Support Technician Deployable job at General Atomics
Apply for this Supply Support Technician Deployable position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.