Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Program Manager Gray Butte Integration
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and is responsible for planning and managing multiple engineering programs through the Flight Operations Facilities (FoFs) phases of execution. Leads assigned program(s) from determining readiness to enter a FoF to planning FoF events/tasks to execution and exit criteria from the FoF. Oversees contract proposal estimating and long-range workload prediction for FoFs. Applies established technologies using standard principles theories concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical and managerial problems. Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources. A background in aviation flight operations and military test and evaluation is highly desired.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Lead and manage the proposal planning and execution phases of multiple engineering programs utilizing one or more GA-ASI FoFs.
- Interface with Program Management Project Engineering and System Test and Qualification Engineering in Poway and FoF locations on all aspects of testing and production ground/flight operations in support of company products for customers.
- Develop and manage plans and control mechanisms to meet contract delivery requirements and effectively measure performance and efficiencies.
- Maintain the technical and business integrity of the product/program by ensuring program objectives are met IAW contractual commitments.
- Be a positive customer contact for FoF activities throughout assigned programs to maximize customer satisfaction and develop follow-on and new business.
- Present briefings to customer and company executive leadership on significant program issues with proposed solutions.
- Extensive travel between Poway and FoFs is required.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current annual and long-term technical schedule quality business and financial objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the development of Group/Company objective.
- Influence and coordinate the preparation of FoF proposals business plans proposal work statements and specifications. Influence contract acquisitions negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning attraction selection retention and development of the required management professional and technical talent
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of FoF resources or modifying contract specification.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles concepts and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Customer focused must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
Program Manager Gray Butte Integration job at General Atomics
Apply for this Program Manager Gray Butte Integration position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.