Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced International Subcontract Administrator
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an International Subcontract Administrator to work out of our Poway CA office.
|Under consultative direction this position is responsible for preparing bid packages conducts bidders conferences analyzes and evaluates proposals negotiates subcontract provisions selects or recommends subcontractors writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions deletions or modifications to subcontracts with International suppliers and GA affiliates. May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts; interacts with program management customers and vendor personnel; responds to a variety of complex inquiries some of which require innovative solutions; and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives. Maintains analyzes updates and develops various electronic and hard copy records. May provide direction and training to less experienced staff on subcontract matters and may make presentations as required. Reviews interprets and recommends contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies procedures and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that subcontract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops subcontract specifications statements of work and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials equipment and services.
- Prepares bid packages analyzes and evaluates proposals negotiates subcontract provisions and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Completes detailed RFP/RFQs for time and material labor-hour cost reimbursable and fixed price work efforts.
- Negotiates administers and closes-out subcontracts.
- Performs cost and price analysis on subcontractors proposals.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions deletions or modifications to subcontracts.
- Analyzes and evaluates potential problems with subcontractor commitments assesses the impact of subcontractor delays assists in developing recovery plans and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations to include the FAR DFAR ITAR and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Identifies subcontract issues and develops solutions.
- Reviews drafts as necessary and negotiates terms and conditions of teaming license and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- May advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management contract administration or a related discipline along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of acquisition principles theories concepts and regulations and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices techniques and standards. Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees managers customers and other external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP is desirable. Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as the prime contact on subcontract matters with program management vendors and customers and provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects. Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced International Subcontract Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced International Subcontract Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.