Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Field Avionic Technician
Indian Springs, NV
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for technical and operational support in the installation application and maintenance of unmanned aerial vehicle electronic equipment to include ground control stations ground data terminals and ground support equipment in accordance with technical specifications engineering instructions and technical orders procedures and regulations. Conducts technical analysis and evaluation of product implementation to ensure customer specifications are met. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues and determines solutions to a wide variety of difficult problems. Provides guidance and training to internal and external customers regarding equipment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates UAV ground control stations and ground support equipment and all subordinate systems at operation locations. Analyzes customer requirements and evaluates product implementation to meet specifications and end user applications. Assesses customers needs for data interface and recommends actions for coordinative product solutions.
- Provides technical expertise on the installation configuration application and repair of products and systems to customers at operational locations.
- Performs high level troubleshooting and repair of ground and airborne electronic equipment. Utilizes product knowledge sound judgment and logical reasoning to determine technical solutions complex problems.
- Repairs or replaces components based on test results advanced system knowledge technical documents engineering instructions schematics blueprints or written/verbal instructions.
- Performs installation configuration and test of computer hardware software and networked systems. Diagnoses and corrects malfunctions as required.
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance on ground and airborne systems. Maintains required records and forms in accordance with company and customer specifications.
- Validates and verifies accuracy of technical documents and procedures. Recommends changes to technical documents and procedures based on system expertise and best industry practices.
- Fabricates installs troubleshoots and repairs wire harnesses and assemblies. Ensures proper routing and clamping of wire harnesses and assemblies.
- Represents group as subject matter expert with internal and external customers and other personnel.
- Conducts training and practical instruction of peers and customers in the use of ground and airborne electronic systems.
- May provide guidance or training to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well six or more years experience in aviation or electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be able to perform a variety of non-routine tasks and demonstrate considerable knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures and principles. Must possess: (1) the ability to troubleshoot at the component level; (2) the ability to analyze data and recommend solutions;(3) considerable knowledge and use of electronic test equipment hand and soldering tools voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices; (4) the ability to read and interpret blueprints drawings schematics and technical orders; (5) the ability to obtain a security clearance; and (6) strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and assess situations and make judgments.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Field Avionic Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Field Avionic Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.