Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Project Engineering department for a Senior Systems Engineer who has extensive System Architecture experience using current industry tools and practices in Poway CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience analyzing refining and implementing engineering processes
- Experience defining modeling process and practices at the company or project level
- Experience with full project life cycle from initial planning to product sustainment
- In-depths understanding and advanced execution of Unified Modeling Language (UML) System Modeling Language (SysML) and principles to support Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Support development and documentation of standards to support a Model Based System Engineering effort
- Understands product development stakeholder needs and how to address within context of a model based engineering environment including:
- System and Software Safety
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Human Factors
- Functional Engineering
- Technical Publications
- Support development of system architecture for current and upcoming company projects
- Well experienced in using an architecture modeling tools such as NoMagic MagicDraw (desired) IBM Rational Rhapsody or Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect to perform functional analysis and architectural design including development of the following content:
- Block Definitions
- Internal Blocks
- Use Cases
- State Machines
- Develop technical documentation including specifications and reports for any assignment being worked
- Document engineering findings and recommendations in full detail which are concise and easy to understand
- Prepare and present technical briefs to senior engineers senior management and/or customers
- Highly analytical with a discerning eye for detail
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles concepts theory and practice with the ability to organize plan schedule conduct and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments customers government representatives and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Experience in requirements elicitation analysis and definition; as well as allocation decomposition and bi-directional traceability.
- Experience with managing requirements using IBM DOORS. Advanced DOORS filter queries and DXL scripting knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with programming/scripting auto-generation of content from models database cross-platform integration and creating traceable and relational workspaces is highly desired.
- Ability to clearly communicate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to conduct training on process execution.
- Ability to adjust adapt and leverage current company processes and methods for execution while continually looking for effective entry points for improving.
- Understanding of tracing and requirements development for a Safety Critical System.
- A Professional Engineering License original work(s) published in professional engineering journals invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium and invited and/or participated on an engineering review panel are desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior Systems Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior Systems Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.