Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Test RF Technician within our ASI Division. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision performs and assists in testing modification installation and repair of moderately complex experimental and commercial electronic equipment.
- Sets up and conducts semi-routine electronic testing (bench environmental and electro mechanical testing) records and summarizes data and provides reports to management and engineering.
- Must be able to troubleshoot to component level using various test equipment to include but not limited to: spectrum analyzers power meters oscilloscopes signal generators multi-meters and TDRs.
- Candidate must have experience with manually tuning RF transmitters utilizing soldering and modification of vias and traces - Military 2M NEC/MOS qualifications will be considered in lieu of this experience if other RF training or knowledge has been acquired.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and following work instructions with limited guidance.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
- Ability and willingness to work with high voltage in a controlled environment.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work independently as well as a team contributor.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and organizational demands.
- Training and/or experience in test or experimental operations normally acquired in the military or technical schools desirable.
- Working knowledge of Lab View software is desired and strong computer skills are required.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work extended hours as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires associates degree or equivalent with seven or more years of experience.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure high voltage high energy cryogens or radioactive materials. Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Must have analytical ability to read and understand detailed instructions drawings and specifications. Communication skills necessary to write and record precise information.
- Special skills and expertise to use complex equipment or experimental techniques.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Electronics Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Electronics Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.