Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
ENGINEER MATERIAL TEST
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Material Test Engineer in our Research and Development department. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position supports the engineering staff in the analysis investigation and solution of engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assignments will include generation review and submission of test plans; data reduction analysis and report generation of test results; provide engineering support and direction of material and NDI (non-destructive inspection) lab personnel.
- Person will be responsible for working with personnel throughout the company to help resolve any material or processing related issue that may impact the manufacturability of any part. Contacts are primarily internal with infrequent inter-organization or customer contact on routine matters. May provide direction to technician staff.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Performs functional testing and troubleshooting of equipment and systems in material test and non-destructive inspection labs by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles. Obtains and analyzes test data. Works with TR requesters and test lab to ensure proper results and reports are delivered.
- May be required to make brief technical presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Completing both material test and non-destructive test / inspection.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
ENGINEER MATERIAL TEST job at General Atomics
Apply for this ENGINEER MATERIAL TEST position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.