Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Associate Software Developer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Software Developer to join our Cmcc/Irad Software Group
Under general supervision and with on-going review this position researches designs develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Communicates with domain experts users and management throughout the software development lifecycle. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user system level and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding testing and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science or related engineering discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Associate Software Developer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Associate Software Developer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.