Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Composite Technician and Team Lead
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under minimal supervision and working in a loud environment with a variety of epoxy agents this position builds up fabricates cures and assembles various types of composite materials where required information is readily available methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works from and interprets engineering drawing and diagrams that do not contain detailed information of all operations. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Reads blueprints diagrams process sheets and assembly and schematic drawings.
- Gives instructions to team of Composite Technicians regarding work assignments. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Sets up and operates equipment to make test runs.
- Examines product for defects performing required tests measurement of performance need for required adjustments and verification of specified tolerances.
- Records information on appropriate production records logs and other report forms. Prepares reports as required.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Recommends measures to improve production methods.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities.
- Performs re-work as required. Repairs defective products rejected by inspection or test personnel.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- May provide guidance and training to other technicians as a lead.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
When performing the duties of Team Leader the following job responsibilities will be required:
- Identifies daily constraints and escalates to Supervisor or appropriate contact.
- Conducts LEAP Meetings and follow-up on action items.
- Leads Team and Tier board review.
- Leads 5S activities
- Maintain skills matrix and training records.
- Approves makes corrections and ensures proper time charging for subordinates.
- Maintains metrics as directed by Manager for production group(s) to include overtime overhead realization and 5S activities.
- Provide input to annual Performance Appraisals in his/her group.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to specifications. Ensures equipment is functioning as required.
- May perform duties as required in his/her manufacturing functional area.
- Manages labor resources material and schedules. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Recommends measures to improve production methods.
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent and seven or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to verbally communicate read and comprehend written and verbal instructions detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents and be capable of doing advanced mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as rollers paper cutters scissors x-acto knives electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales and protractors and calipers.
- Familiarity with common shop tools such as band saws table saws disk sanders drill press wood lathe etc.
- May require respirator certification.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Composite Technician and Team Lead job at General Atomics
Apply for this Composite Technician and Team Lead position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.