Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Platforms Integration Engineer Lead
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMSA¢a,¬a¢ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Platforms Integration Engineer to join the GA-EMS team located in Rancho Bernardo CA. Reporting to the Manager of Systems Integration (SI)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Platforms Integration Lead Engineer to join our Systems Engineering Integration and Test team located in Rancho Bernardo CA. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Platform Integration responsibility will include building the platforms integration capabilities across the EMS product lines.
- Work closely within the Systems Integration Manager programs Strategic Development group and engineering counterparts across all EMS product lines to educate design and implement platform engineering culture through collaboration with multiple engineering disciplines to stand-up a robust Platform integration capability.
- Lead the platform Integration Working Group (PIWG) or Platform Integration IPTs and proposal support.
- Develop platform integration strategies in the areas of skills tools and processes to drive efficiency and affordability throughout the design life-cycle.
- Support system and subsystem level platform integration studies involving physical space and weight system interface and environmental requirements platform Integration risk identification and Management interface requirements specifications interface control and interface design specifications damage mitigation and control fault tolerance degraded modes and system redundancy.
- Responsible for systems integration Environmental signature requirements ESS and Specialty engineering (Maintainability Reliability Testability System Safety Provisioning Maintenance Planning (IO and D) and logistics ) requirements in integrating EMS products onto customer platforms.
- Performs other assigned duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have technical proposal experience coupled with sound estimation skills development of integrated schedules and then performing and monitoring progress against them.
- Demonstrated systems engineering and ship integration experience is highly desired.
- Experience with system performance integration and environmental qualification and test planning.
- Prior experience in leading Platform Integration IPTs is desired.
- Familiar with Earned Value Management (EVMS) or similar schedule/cost framework is desired.
- Familiar with field rip-out and repair design packages (shipalt tempalt standard items General specification for the overhaul of ships).
- System and subsystem interface control documentation design packages is required.
- Demonstrated e xperience in understanding integrating and driving technical projects to closure to ensure successful completion from a cost technical and schedule perspective.
- Support system and subsystem level platform integration studies involving physical space and weight system interface and environmental requirements.
- Power and cooling distribution systems design experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with s oftware system descriptions software interface design documentation and software interface requirements.
- Experience with control systems and network design architecture and interface requirements is required.
- Experience with platform (ship aircraft and ground vehicle) integration requirements is highly desired.
- Equipment vibration isolation requirements (type I and II frequency and harmonics attenuation) is preferred.
- Acoustic Airborne and Structureborne Noise isolation (MIL-STD-740) is preferred.
- EMI (radiated and susceptibility) Qualification (MIL-STD-461/462) is preferred.
- SharePoint SAP and/or Oracle experience is desired.
- Lean six sigma experience desired.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Platforms Integration Engineer Lead job at General Atomics
Apply for this Platforms Integration Engineer Lead position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.