Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Avionics Project Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an opportunity for an Avionics Project Engineer to support Navy Programs in Poway CA.
Under general supervision with limited review this position is responsible for determining technical objectives for the review research design development and test of advanced airborne data link navigation and flight management systems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports development of aircraft avionics systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Leads system diagrams and architecture discussions and documents for requirements and program traceability
- Interfaces with all avionics systems including flight management navigation power propulsion fuel and payloads
- Assists in tracking of system functional and product level requirements.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Directs the activities of designers technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a Bachelors degree or ten or more years of experience with a Masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of applicable engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of professional employees on assigned tasks.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a clearance requiring a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Avionics Project Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Avionics Project Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.