Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our EMS Group located in Rancho Bernardo CA. As a member of the construction/manufacturing engineering department the Manufacturing Engineer directly supports the delivery of all hardware and documentation required by the respective contract.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing construction/manufacturing engineering support to GA EMS programs/projects such as CVN 79 EMALS/AAG Production JCTS and RALS high voltage capacitors radiation monitoring systems Gulftronic separator systems and missile defense systems.
- Identifies investigates analyzes and resolves routine manufacturing engineering issues at both GA EMS manufacturing facilities and sub-tier suppliers. Documents findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to technical leads and management in both verbal and written formats.
- Initiates and implements assigned production-related design changes. Conducts manufacturing reviews of engineering specifications and drawings.
- Monitors and analyzes open engineering issues affecting purchase orders. Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing.
- Develops and coordinates shop order travelers and work instructions for production. May assist with development of tooling and fixtures to support manufacturing activities.
- Coordinate start-up tasks for production.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment materials and services are provided as needed.
- Manages and coordinates production schedules.
- Effectively uses Microsoft Office applications to execute daily work activities.
- Experience with machining fabrication welding electrical assemblies and/or shipyard construction is desired.
- Able to work extended hours as needed to meet schedule needs.
- Must be a U.S. person to work in secured or export controlled areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Manufacturing Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.