Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Cash Collections Analyst AR
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cash Collections Analyst to join the Accounting division of our Finance and Administration group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway Ca. Under general supervision this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine general accounting support tasks in the Accounts Receivable (AR) department. Works with AR team to support cash collection calls and identify areas to reduce AR aging. Supports AR team with data entry submitting invoices compiling data and preparing less complex reconciliations to resolve discrepancies. Assists Manager with research routine reports and ad hoc projects as needed. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Accounts Receivable team and appropriate functional areas to ensure customer cash is collected to meet financial goals and operational objectives.
- Analyzes customer accounts receivable to identify opportunities to accelerate cash collections and reduce invoice aging.
- Accesses Government and customer invoice and payment processing systems to determine status and actions to be taken.
- Contacts customers and appropriate functional areas for payment status and/or timely issue identification and resolution.
- Prepares analysis of less complex reconciliations of funding/payment discrepancies.
- Enters invoicing data into Government and customer invoice and payment processing systems using established procedures.
- Compiles data from different processing systems and prepares a variety of routine reports.
- Assists with internal and external audits by providing document research.
- Responds to written and/or verbal inquiries from internal and/or external contacts.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma and two or more years of progressive experience in an accounting department or a related field.
- Must have knowledge of computer applications and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of problems.
- Must have good communication computer documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and capable of effectively interacting with professional staff.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Cash Collections Analyst AR job at General Atomics
Apply for this Cash Collections Analyst AR position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.