Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Aircraft Planning & Documentation Specialist
Grand Forks, ND
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for maintaining all technical records including Federal Airline Regulations (FAR) requirements industry requirements Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and customer requests. Ensures that FAR Airworthy Directives (ADs) Airworthy Releases (AWR) DoD and company policies are in compliance. Evaluates existing job sequencing to verify that resulting work will ensure safety consistent with government and company requirements. May participate in the testing of tools and materials to determine if they meet specifications and shop requirements. May participate in the development of training programs and conducts routine or specialized technical training and debriefs aircrew as required.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains all technical documents and records including maintenance plans Job Control Numbers historical documents aircraft files Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs) folders engine records and procedures.
- Works with the Integrated Management Data System for the U.S. Air Force.
- Coordinates maintenance flying schedule; debriefs and schedules discrepancies.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance in accordance with established procedures and time tables; may forecast aircraft maintenance limits tasks and inspections.
- Participates in the development of weekly schedules for home and deployment locations.
- Participates in status meetings document reviews and scheduling programs.
- May participate in the development of procedures training program and debriefs.
- Coordinates transfer and acceptance inspections; ensures all required checks are performed and documented. Schedules and monitors TCTOs one time inspections time change items (TCIs) and special inspections. Order TCI replacements through Military Supply channels.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required
Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and two or more years experience in aircraft planning scheduling and documentation.
- Equivalent professional or military experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of aircraft planning scheduling and documentation principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess general knowledge of Federal Airline Regulations Department of Defense Airworthy Directives and Airworthy Releases;
- ability to schedule monitor and update plans documents files and schedules.
- Knowledge of industry requirements and company policy and procedure.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with internal and external customers contractors and aircrew and train and debrief as required.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- General knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Aircraft Planning Documentation Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Aircraft Planning & Documentation Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.