Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and is responsible for the planning managing and technical performance of one or more developed or mature engineering program(s) contained at a single location. Manages programs which have well defined program plans and delivery methodologies. Leads all phases of assigned program(s) from initiation through delivery. Responsible for program(s) which represent stable growth. Applies established technologies using standard principles theories concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate managers. Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide management and leadership direction for the Gray Eagle unmanned aircraft system (UAS) spares strategy.
- Establish implement and monitor an effective cost effective spares inventory management business plan.
- Develop appropriate program management plans integrated master schedules and control mechanisms to meet contract delivery requirements.
- Interface directly with customer on all aspects of logistics spares management in support operational Gray Eagle units.
- Coordinate logistics plans and activities with engineering manufacturing subcontractors suppliers and quality.
- Ensures the program objectives and the contract commitments are met and maintains the technical and business integrity of the product/program.
- Identify and mitigate risks in advance of negative impact while keeping management informed of status.
- Plan organize and manage the preparation of proposals in response to internal estimating as well as government RFPs to include cost schedule technical approach and presentation to customer.
- Create and present briefings to company stake holders customer management and other customer representatives as required including participation at Program Management Reviews.
- Experience managing strategic supply operations in the aviation industry experience with government acquisition programs and experience using Earned Value Management System.
- Desired 10 years in managing Military Logistics replenishment stock objectives and reorder points.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles concepts and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements. Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Customer focused must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Program Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Program Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.