Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Composite Design Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Design Engineer working with aircraft structures and composite materials at our San Diego facility. Under general supervision and with regular review this position supports the engineering staff in the design and analysis of composite airframe structures. Assignments are for small projects or phase(s) of larger projects(s) and are normally outlined in terms of specific engineering activities. Documents findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to senior engineering staff. Contacts are primarily internal within the team. May provide direction to design staff or technicians. Focuses on creating validating and documenting structural designs using composite and metallic materials. Methods include the use of Pro/Engineer (Creo) and/or NX and a balance of classical hand calculations and finite element tools to develop high performance airframe structures.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Applies engineering fundamentals to design analyze investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to project engineering staff.
- May be required to make technical presentations to project staff.
- May provide direction to design staff or technicians.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Pro/Engineer or other parametric CAD tool (Catia Solidworks NX).
- Experience with FiberSIM or other composite design tool.
- Experience with Pro/Mechanica Nastran or Abaqus FE Tools.
- Hands on automotive aircraft or manufacturing ability is preferred.
- Must have a basic understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering knowledge adapt standard techniques and utilize the required diagnostics tools and equipment while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience. Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Composite Design Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Composite Design Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.