Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Test Engineer
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer in our Systems Engineering Integration and Test Department located in Huntsville AL. This position provides support for test planning coordination execution and reporting for ground and flight tests of GA-EMS weapon systems satellites and surveillance products being developed under both government contracts and Internal Research and Development (IR&D) activities. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop system test plans execute ground and flight tests and document test results.
- Develop test plans with mission relatable requirements traceable and intuitively testable metrics along with a scope and method to evaluate systems.
- Determine communicate document test objectives and develop test procedures accordingly.
- Support technical interchanges for test activities on major weapon systems and satellite demonstration programs acting as the primary interface with national test ranges range safety offices and other test related organizations.
- Lead test readiness reviews test event briefs and post-test debriefs.
- Provide on-site test management data collection briefing debriefing and configuration control.
- Debrief engineering and management team on results of tests.
- Capture test failure details in defect reports.
- Provide technical support to responsible engineers and communicate post-test results.
- Estimate time required to conduct testing and complete assigned tasks within project schedule.
- Facilitate rapid resolution of test delays that impact tasks including real-time thorough communication with task leads program management and other leadership as required.
- Collaborate daily with GA-EMS customer engineering and program management teams.
- Provide documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Support development review and editing of technical documents as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret security clearance (or higher).
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering and configuration management concepts principles and processes.
- Excellent communication skills including documenting test plans procedures and reports; presenting pretest briefings verbally directing test team during tests; capturing system test requirements; recording test failures; and reporting test results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot test failures.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead a team with minimal supervision.
- Diverse test engineering experience with a variety of electronic or mechanical systems as well as experience working in an agile and fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately in a dynamic environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level and project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Ability to multi-task demonstrate strong initiative and work ethic and work effectively as a senior test engineer
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Travel throughout the U.S. in support of testing is required
- Success in position requires consistent display of the following key abilities:
- Rapid and effective problem solving: identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Communication skills to document develop and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions.
- Schedule performance: influencing and collaborating across the organization to result in project success.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
Sr Test Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Test Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.