Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Production Assembly Technician
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Integration Technician at our Palmdale CA Facility.
This position under close supervision is responsible for assisting in a variety of structural composite mechanical and/or electrical operations to ensure appropriate aircraft structural avionics and electrical systems are installed tested and operational. The position may assist in performing system modifications due to a technical updates and/or a customer request which require disassembly modification reassembly and testing of mechanical and/or electrical system. Following technical documentation may monitor test and verify quality and complete required documentation for review.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision with detailed instructions and constant review.
- Assist in installing and testing aircraft structural composite avionics and electrical systems to ensure they are operational and meet required quality standards.
- Completes for review required documentation for installation and testing.
- Assists in various system modifications due to technical updates and/or customer requests including final operational testing and assurance they meet quality standards.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires High School diploma and one or more years of progressive experience in mechanical/electrical assemble and/or maintenance or an Associates degree in a related field or military/trade school equivalence. Additional related technical experience may be substituted in lieu of the formal education.
- The position requires an understanding of: (1) structural composite mechanical and electrical systems and associated regulations; and (2) related assembly/installation processes tools composites templates fixtures testing and measuring devices as well as judgment to determine correct tool(s) and some experience: (1) reading interpreting and explaining blueprints drawings and maintenance manuals; (2) installing inspecting modifying adjusting and testing various mechanical assemblies and structures; and (3) completing required technical documentation.
- Basic communication interpersonal and computer skills are required to interface with supervisors other staff and/or other departments.
- Able too work independently and in a team environment and able to work extended hours when required.
- A Composite trade school certificate Federal Aviation Administration A&P license and military aircraft maintenance and assembly training are desirable.
- Must be a US citizen
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Production Assembly Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Production Assembly Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.