Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Opto Mechanical Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity available within the Lasers and Advanced Sensors Mechanical Engineering Team located in Rancho Bernardo CA. We are looking for an Opto-Mechanical Engineer to work on exciting and cutting edge technologies including High Energy Lasers.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently perform challenging engineering work document findings communicate results make technical presentations and support test activities both on and off site.
- Designs develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment.
- Supports the engineering staff in the analysis investigation and resolution of routine engineering problems.
- Define functional performance interface derived etc. system engineering requirements including environmental requirements definition and flow down to subsystems.
- Identify critical requirements and develop risk reduction plans.
- Responsible for the design development and activation of opto-mechanical components.
- Perform system sizing and mechanical architecture development for products early in the design phase.
- Integrate hardware onto platforms including ground based maritime or flight vehicles.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Must have experience with Opto-Mechanical engineering.
- Must have experience with military systems designing analyzing building and testing systems.
- Previous experience with optical systems is required aircraft space or military systems is desired.
- Experience with engineering proposal efforts and scheduling is desired including BOE EVMS and IMS.
- Experience with analysis tools CAD and FEA software packages such as Matlab Solidworks Creo ANSYS and Sigfit is desired.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Understanding of fluid dynamics heat transfer structural mechanics and dynamics optics as well as mechanical hardware design fabrication techniques and test.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Opto Mechanical Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Opto Mechanical Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.